A Senior Accountant is responsible for managing client engagements and accounting staff; developing, and implementing systems and procedures; and the production/review of financial statements.
- Communicates effectively with accountants and partners, providing timely status reports.
- Supervises and delegates work to staff. Review of work papers prepared by staff.
- Encourages new ideas and approaches to work.
- Manages all accounting operations of the client, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL…
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and assist staff when necessary.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Researches technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Supports month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manages and complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manages project status and client relationships.
- Ability to identify additional and/or new service offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5 years of pertinent experience
- Leadership and talent development experience
- Experience with Xero, QuickBooks Online Accounting Software, Bill.com, and Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience with small to medium-sized businesses
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills